On August 20th, Our Strategic Leadership Team met to set our congregations primary ministries for the coming year. Here is a summary of what they came up with:
1. We will continue to prioritize Sunday morning “traditional” worship as our primary way of proclaiming Jesus’ redeeming love through worship.
2. We will create more opportunities for people to worship by offering mid-week services (Wednesday evenings at 6:30). We are committed to exploring alternative styles of worship during this time.
3. children focused/led worship services are being introduced this year as a way to promote inter-generational learning and worship. Sunday School this year will take the form of a “Kid-friendly” worship service at 9:40 each Sunday.
1. Bible study is our highest priority for nurturing faith. We will offer Bible study throughout the year Wednesday evenings at 7:30 and Thursday mornings at 10:00
2. We will continue to emphasize fellowship events as opportunities to strengthen our sense of community.
3. There will be an increased effort in homebound and outside visitation to connect people to our community.
1. The Advent Community Garden will continue to be lifted up as one of this congregation’s defining ministries
2. We will continue to support and encourage our efforts in homeless ministry, particularly through partnering with HomeFront
3. We will continue to offer donation drives (food, clothes, backpacks, etc) to support local efforts to support people in need.
These primary ministries are all things that are currently going on at St Mark already (or will begin this month!). We are determined focus our efforts in these areas that we feel are our strengths, so as we plan accordingly, we encourage you to find ways to be involved in these ministries!