Our Sunday Church School (SCS) includes classes for children from age 3 through those in the 8th grade, a Confirmation Program encompassing 7th-9th graders, and Bible Studies on Wednesday evenings and Thursday mornings. The Sunday Church School hour starts promptly at 9:40 AM in the Sanctuary with music, and then the children proceed to their assigned classrooms for the lesson of the day.
All children between the ages of 3 and 8th grade are welcome. For more information, call the Church Office at 609-585-7087.
Our Christian family at St. Mark welcomes you and your family to our Sunday Church School (SCS) program. Its purpose is to help you and your child come to a greater understanding of the unconditional love God has given us through His son, Jesus Christ. Your child will learn through a variety of experiences including Bible stories, Bible study, role playing, written activities, as well as craft and mission projects. The children’s weekly offering, freely given, is part of our loving response to God’s love for us.
Through caring teachers we hope your child will want to return regularly to secure a noncompetitive program of sharing and growth. We believe this time is the essential basis of a strong faith that will carry your child through life.
Your involvement (listening and encouraging) is an important element in this Christian growth process. We hope you will find our program meets the individual needs of your family. If you have any questions or concerns, know that your input is always welcome.
The Sunday Church School curriculum for 3 year olds through 6th grade is Spark Year Green from Augsburg Fortress. Spark, designed to activate faith in children, empowers their creativity and imagination as they explore Scripture through exciting activities that reinforce the lessons. A variety of curriculum resources are used for 7th and 8th graders with the Old Testament and New Testament covered on a rotating basis yearly so that each grade level covers both the Old and New Testament. Confirmation preparation for 9th grade students is done with a variety of resources used for the curriculum to teach Martin Luther’s Catechism.
A message to our students and their parents:
To promote learning and teaching, these important guidelines will be followed in Sunday Church School:
- SCS starts at 9:40 AM in the Sanctuary. Please be prompt. Students move to their respective classrooms after music and offering.
- Regular attendance is essential if learning goals are to be attained.
- Parent support is essential for the SCS Program to be successful. Open communication between parent and teacher regarding the child and his or her needs is encouraged.
Christian Education Team
To develop, monitor, and promote a comprehensive program of Christian Education that will enable people of all ages to become better equipped to live the Christian faith.
- Sunday Church School (SCS) – ages 3 through 8th grade
- Parent Resources for birth to age 3
- First Communion Preparation – 1st grade and up, with parents and/or guardians
- Vacation Bible School – July 28, 29 & 30, 2015 from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM. Theme: “Outback Rock: Where Kids Venture into Solid Faith”
- Confirmation Ministry – 7th through 9th grades
- New Disciples Classes – new members/active members wanting to explore the meaning of commitment and learn the tenets of Christian faith and practice. Please call the church office for dates and times / (609) 585-7087.
- Bible Study – Wednesday evenings at 7:30 PM and Thursday mornings at 10:00 AM. Check the calendar on this website homepage for more info.